PreschoolAges 2 1/2 to 3.8 Years
Preschool Room Environment
The children in our Senior and Preschool program have many opportunities in a learning environment that is influenced by our continuous study of the Reggio Emilia Approach. This approach reflects a holistic attitude towards education and care and invites children, teachers, and parents to support:
- The development of strong relationships
- An environment that encourages intuitive exploration and self-help competencies
- On going communication supporting language promotion and documentation
- The respectful image of the child as being competent and capable
- The challenges of provocations that involve exploration authentic materials and tools
- A curriculum that connects cognitive processes with imagination and is meaningful to immediate experiences
To help our children and their families become a central part of our school we ask that you bring in a family photo to be placed on your child/ren’s cubby for their first day of school.
Please ensure ALL of your child’s things are labeled including bottles, containers and back packs.
Dress children in comfortable clothes (also consider easy wearing for children who are potty training – for example, overalls with buttons are difficult for tiny fingers to manipulate especially in a hurry).
Communicate any special requests, questions and concerns with your child’s teachers.
Here are a few things you might like to bring along to help ease your little one into a class:
- A special blanket or soft toy
- A bottle (if needed)
- Extra clothes –include sweater and long paints (weather is unpredictable)
- Diapers and wipes (as needed)
- Appropriate jacket and outerwear. pants, hat & boots
- Indoor shoes
Preschool Daily Appointments
Our day is made up of “daily appointments” that teach the children a sense of order and consistency through their day. The schedule is flexible to the children’s interest, needs, reflections, and ideas. It is beneficial for your child if he/she is at school by 9:00 am.
- 7:00 – School Opens – Family Group and Play
- 8:15 – Open Snack
- 9:00 – Small Group discussion and Emergent Curriculum
- 10:00 – Outdoor Curriculum
- 11:00 – Washroom Routines
- 11:10 – Tidy Up & large Group Circle
- 11:30- Lunch
- 12:30- Quiet/Nap Time
- 2:30- Washroom Routines/Open Snack
- 2:45- Outdoor Activities
- 4:00- Afternoon Curriculum
- 5:00- Tidy Up
- 5:15- Story & Snack
- 6:00-Teachers close the school